Apply now: FBi Arts Editors
November 2nd 2015
Want to be an FBi Arts & Culture Editor!? Apply Now!
FBi Radio is recruiting a team of Arts Editors who will work with the Arts & Culture Executive Producers (EP’s) to contribute to our arts and culture coverage, ensuring the ongoing delivery of engaging arts content on air and online.
We are looking for people with different areas of interest across visual arts, film, dance, theatre and anything in between.
Writers and content makers with a strong editorial eye are encouraged to apply. We’re after people who understand how to cover arts and culture in an accessible way, tailored the context of FBi’s programming and audience.
Most importantly you will need to have a keen interest in the arts and a close engagement with cultural events in Greater Sydney.
Projects may include:
- Writing a fortnightly ‘Art We Heart’ article that features a local contemporary artist.
- Creating a fortnightly ‘The Hanging’ content package for on air which reviews a local gallery exhibition.
- Generating arts-related content for the website on a regular basis.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCES
- An existing involvement and interest in Sydney arts and culture
- Knowledge of FBi Radio and an understanding of appropriate content for our audience.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Motivated, committed and flexible
- Able to work autonomously in a creative team.
This volunteer position reports to the Arts and Culture EP’s and the Program Director.
FBi is a family of volunteers that are passionate about Sydney, music, arts and culture. You will have the opportunity to get your work published online and develop your skills in content creation. You can also receive media tickets to arts and culture events.
A minimum commitment of 6 hours per week is required, working from FBi Radio in Alexandria. As part of this role you will be given responsibility for specific projects. You must attend monthly team meetings.
A minimum commitment of 6 months is required.
To apply please send a cover letter addressing why you would be a good fit for the role and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 17th November!