Jobs at FBi Radio: Are you our new Program Director?
Want a chance to make your mark on your favourite radio station? We’re looking for a new Program Director to take the lead in defining the voice of the station and work to ensure that FBi Radio is a trusted source for emerging culture across our platforms. You will lead program teams to develop the quality of on-air content and build audiences.
- Maintain FBi Radio’s position as a leading voice in music, arts and culture for a youth audience.
- Oversee all areas of the station’s programming, including management, supervision and development of programming staff and volunteers.
- Provide leadership in editorial planning and decision making.
- Develop and implement editorial strategies for new and innovative content to build and maintain audiences across our platforms.
- Monitor and evaluate broadcast and digital content to continually improve standards, build audience, and ensure all content adheres to our guidelines including the Community Broadcasting Codes of Practice.
- Provide ongoing support, advice and feedback to content teams, including regular airchecking of presenters.
- Identify and develop appropriate talent, including through the development and delivery of training programs
- Liaise with partnerships team in identifying partnerships and other income generating opportunities
- Handle listener enquiries, feedback and complaints related to content
- Develop special programming projects and events that respond to FBi Radio’s broader strategic objectives
- Manage the production of station and program promos with the Promo Producer.
- Coordinate fill-in shifts and act as emergency point of contact out of hours
- Proven experience in radio with outstanding editorial skills and judgement
- Experience in identifying talent
- Ability to develop strategies to attract and maintain audiences, manage projects and major content initiatives, and to work effectively with other staff and external partners.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of FBi Radio broadcasters and program identities
- Strategic thinker with track record of innovation
- Ability to juggle demanding workload and excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment, especially with volunteers
- A love of new music and emerging culture, with demonstrated experience in applying this to creating effective content that connects with audiences.
- Ability to assess training needs of producers and presenters and develop training programs as appropriate
- Effective knowledge of technology for content creation, broadcast and online delivery.
- Knowledge of relevant broadcast laws, regulations and the Community Radio Codes of Practice
You’ll need to have a great set of ears and solid programming experience, understand the shifting media and music landscape and have a demonstrated passion for Sydney music, arts and culture. You’ll need to have an eye for talent, enjoy working with young volunteers and be able to inspire them in areas of content creation and broadcasting.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
This position will connect you with an amazing network of passionate broadcasters, industry and young creatives. It’s a unique opportunity to influence Sydney’s cultural landscape, and make a mark on our evolving city.
Please send your CV and a cover letter that addresses the criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, Monday October 2.
Interested in volunteering with FBi more generally? Find out more here.
FBi Radio is a not-for-profit independent broadcaster serving youth in Greater Sydney and we strive to reflect the diversity of our audience. We welcome and encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people from a range of cultural and linguistic backgrounds, all genders, and people with disabilities.