We’re Hiring: Managing Director
Photo by Tim da-Rin
Highly sought after opportunity to shape leading independent Sydney broadcaster, FBi Radio.
Now in our fifteenth year, FBi Radio is an independent broadcaster dedicated to the music, arts & culture of Sydney. We play 50% Australian music, with half of that from Sydney and target a demographic of 18-24 year-olds. Broadcasting on FBi 94.5 FM, DAB+ and at fbiradio.com, we champion Sydney’s creative communities and have a strong track record for discovering new talent.
As FBi Radio’s Managing Director, and reporting directly to the Board, you will full take responsibility for the strategic, operational and financial management of a broadcaster and cultural institution with multiple platforms, 10 permanent staff, 200 volunteers, thousands of financial supporters and 460,000 listeners.
What we’re looking for:
- Management experience in a creative, media or NFP background – Regardless of where that experience was gained, you’ll demonstrate management experience in a wide ranging role and you’ll be passionate about promoting Sydney’s music, arts and culture scene;
- Proven organisational and leadership skills – You’ll be ready to step in as a driving force behind the operational, procedural, financial and strategic management needed to ensure our creative team continues to succeed;
- Demonstrated financial management skills – You’ll have the experience needed to take control of the financial management of FBi. Whilst happy to deal with the day-to-day procedures, you’ll use your entrepreneurial skills, budgeting and forecasting experience to help FBi grow. You’ll also have a passion for working with organisations reliant on sponsorship, fundraising and grants.
- Evidence of working in a growth organisation and leading from the front – After fifteen years on air, and a successful track record, we have great plans for FBi’s future with planned growth into exciting new areas. We are looking for a Managing Director who can bring these plans to fruition;
- Proven partnership skills are a must – Our networks are strong and we want you to become part of that. You’ll develop relations with brands, benefactors, government, Sydney’s creative industries and our partner organisations and you’ll always be on the lookout for the next opportunity;
- A drive for innovation – At FBi we’re looking forward to an exciting future. FBi is growing and we are ready to embrace the new. Our Managing Director is an integral part of the team that drives innovation at FBi;
- Demonstrated success in negotiation and project delivery – You’ll be the lead on large scale projects – from large scale events to new digital platforms. You’ll be negotiating with suppliers, partners, investors, government and artists, and able to step in and secure the best for FBi;
- A team player, who can demonstrate working with multiple stakeholders – There’s a lot of people who care about FBi – our team, our board, our partners, our financial members, our listeners, as well as you.
If you can offer us the above, FBi could offer you a genuinely exciting opportunity that will expand your management skills, whilst working somewhere that you’ll love.
The role offers you:
- The chance to make a real difference to Sydney’s music, art and cultural scene;
- A diverse management role, utilising all of your rounded skill base;
- Exposure to the best music, arts and culture that Sydney has to offer;
- The chance to work with up and coming creative minds;
- The support of a committed management and advisory board;
- A collaborative dress-down working environment – where people with innovative ideas share your passion.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
This position will connect you with an amazing network of creatives. It’s a unique opportunity to influence Sydney’s cultural landscape, and make a mark on our evolving city.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter that addresses the selection criteria/skills to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close Tuesday February 27, 5pm.