Graphic Competition Terms and Conditions
ENTRY INTO THE COMPETITION
1. Entry into the FBi “GRAPHIC” competition (the “Competition”) is open to all residents of Sydney. The Promoter is Free Broadcast Incorporated (ABN:47 035 182 116) of 44-54 Botany Road Redfern NSW 2016, Australia (the “Promoter”). Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the Competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The officers, management and employees of the Promoter are not eligible to enter.
3. Competition closes at 12:00pm AEDST on Tuesday October 1, 2013.
4. To enter the Competition and be eligible to win, entrants must email a picture to the email address as listed on the competition webpage. All entries must include all information as indicated. It is each entrant’s responsibility to inform the Promoter if his/her contact information changes during the Competition Period.
5. All entries must be original and must not incorporate material which has been previously published. Incomplete entries or those which, in the opinion of the Promoter, infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party will be disqualified without notice.
6. Unlimited entries are permitted during the Competition Period; however the picture submitted in each entry by the same entrant must be unique and original.
7. There will be one (1) prize winner who will receive a double pass to each Graphic Festival 2013 show. If there is more than one session for a particular event, the winner will receive a double pass to the first session.
8. All ancillary and incidental costs incurred in taking and using the Prize are the responsibility of the Prize winner and their guest.
9. The Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. The Prize or any element of the Prize cannot be exchanged for any other prize or cash.
JUDGING AND AWARD OF PRIZE
10. Eligible Competition entries will be judged on the basis of originality and creativity at FBi 44-54 Botany Road Redfern NSW 2016. There will be 1 prize winner drawn on Tuesday October 1. Chance plays no part in the selection of the Prize winners. The Prize winner will be notified via email or phone on October 1, 2013.
11. If a prize winner cannot be contacted, then the Prize will be forfeited and a substitute prize will not be offered in lieu of the Prize.
15. By entering the Competition, each entrant warrants that their entry is their own original work, and that they own all rights in their entry. Each entrant indemnifies the Promoter for any costs or loss incurred by the Promoter as a result of this warranty being incorrect.
19. No responsibility will be taken by the Promoter for any changes in dates, times or cancellations or other arrangements that may prevent the Prize winners from winning the Prize or using the Prize.
20. The Promoter reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to disqualify at any time:
(a) Any entry which, in the opinion of the Promoter, includes any objectionable content, profanity or is potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory; or
(b) any individual who tampers with the entry process, submits an entry (including those judged as a winning entry) that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who has in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in unlawful or improper conduct that is designed to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Competition or is generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promoter.
21. The Promoter reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to at any time, cancel or vary the Competition or to cancel or vary the award of the Prizes including, without limitation, circumstances where in the Promoter’s opinion (which it shall form in its absolute discretion):
a) a Prize winner does not satisfy the Competition entry requirements; or
b) the Promoter cannot conduct the Competition or award the Prize/s for any reason beyond its control.
22. In the event that the Promoter cancels or varies the Competition or varies or withdraws the Prizes it shall not:
a) be liable to any person for any loss or damage (including loss or damage caused by any negligence) arising out of, or in connection with, such cancellation, variation or withdrawal; or
b) be required to conduct the Competition at any other time.
23. No responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for late, lost or misdirected entries and all entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt of the entry into the Promoter’s database and NOT time of transmission by the entrant. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for outdated or incorrect contact details or contact details by which the entrant cannot be contacted during business hours on the relevant dates.
24. A decision of the Promoter in relation to the conduct of the Competition is binding and conclusive and no correspondence will be entered into.
25. The Promoter collects entrants’ personal information (as that term is defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)) for the purpose of conducting and promoting this Competition (including, but not limited to, determining and notifying winners).
27. By entering the Competition, all entrants agree that their entry may be published, communicated or shown to the public by the Promoter in any media for promotional purposes related to the competition, without compensation to the entrants; for this purpose, each entrant grants to the Promoter a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide and royalty-free licence in any such images.