We’re Hiring: Program Coordinator
Role – Program Coordinator
Reports to – Head of Programming and Music
Terms – Fixed term, part time (4 days / 30.4 hours per week) – 12 month contract
Location – Sydney, NSW
About FBi Radio:
FBi Radio is an independent youth broadcaster. We target a demographic of 18-24 year olds and reach an audience of over 500,000 each month, broadcasting on 94.5 FM, DAB+ and at fbiradio.com. We believe in the transformative power of music, arts and culture to inspire young people, foster community and bring positive change to Sydney and the world.
Overview of the role:
As Program Coordinator, you’ll manage broadcasters and producers to develop the quality of on-air content, build audiences and engage the broad spread of communities the station serves. In collaboration with the programming team (Head of Programming and Music, Music Coordinator, Programming Assistant, Digital Coordinator), you will strive to ensure on-air content lives beyond its initial broadcast.
- Coordinate FBi Radio’s on-air programming, including day-to-day management and supervision of programming volunteers.
- Monitor and evaluate broadcast and digital content to continually improve standards, build audience, and ensure all content adheres to our guidelines including the Community Broadcasting Codes of Practice.
- Provide ongoing support, advice and feedback to program teams, including regular airchecking of presenters.
- Identify and develop appropriate talent, in collaboration with the Head of Programming and Music.
- Implement editorial strategies for new and innovative content to build and maintain audiences across our platforms.
- Handle listener enquiries, feedback and complaints related to content in collaboration with programming team.
- Coordinate fill-in shifts and act as emergency point of contact out of hours.
- Distribute non-music interviews (arts and culture, current affairs) to appropriate show teams.
- Work with programming team to develop and strategise the on-air identity of the station.
You’ll need to have solid programming experience, understand the shifting media and music landscape and have a demonstrated passion for local music, arts and culture. You’ll enjoy working with and supporting young volunteers, and be able to nurture and inspire them in areas of broadcasting and content creation.
- Proven experience in radio with outstanding editorial skills and judgement.
- Experience in identifying talent.
- Ability to develop strategies to attract and maintain audiences, manage projects and major content initiatives, and to work effectively with other staff and external partners.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of FBi Radio style, broadcasters and program identities.
- Strategic thinking skills with track record of innovation.
- Understanding of station values, including a demonstrated commitment to anti-racism and equity.
- Ability to juggle demanding workload and outstanding organisational skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment, especially with volunteers.
- A love of new music and emerging arts and culture, with experience applying this to creating effective content that connects with audiences.
- Ability to assess training needs of producers and presenters.
- Effective knowledge of technology for content creation, broadcast and online delivery.
- Knowledge of relevant broadcast laws, regulations and the Community Radio Codes of Practice.
To apply, email a cover letter and recent CV addressing the above criteria to email@example.com. Applications close 5pm, Thursday 15th February.