We’re hiring: Digital Coordinator
We’re looking for someone to make vibrant digital content that reflects what we do on-air. Think you can steer the ship?
Role – Digital Coordinator
Reports to – Head of Programming and Music
Terms – Fixed term, part time (4 days / 30.4 hour week) – 12 month contract
Location – Redfern, NSW
About FBi Radio:
FBi Radio is an independent youth broadcaster. We believe in the transformative power of music, arts and culture to inspire young people, foster community and bring positive change to Sydney and the world. Our mission is to shape and amplify local independent culture.
Overview of the role:
The Digital Coordinator has oversight over FBi Radio’s online presence, managing editorial and sponsored content across social media (including Instagram, Tik Tok, Youtube, Facebook, LinkedIn), the FBi Radio website and all EDMs. This role is responsible for maintaining the strong visual and written voice of the station, as well as consistently promoting online community engagement, effectively communicating station campaigns and developing FBi’s digital audience.
- Work with programming and partnerships teams to create new and innovative content for multiple platforms which drives new audiences and/or partnership revenue
- Oversee the creation and publishing of content for FBi Radio website and all digital channels (including Instagram, Tik Tok, Youtube and Facebook) including innovative ways to repurpose on-air content for online
- Track and monitor audience engagement across platforms and tailor content based on trends
- Develop and implement a sustainable video content process
- Manage and curate content for weekly e-newsletter and investigate ways to grow owned audience
- Recruit, brief and oversee photographers, digital content producers, editors, videographers and graphic designers
- Implement and periodically review FBi Content Strategy in consultation with Head of Programming
- Explore new technologies and monetisation opportunities, evaluate relevance to FBi Radio audience
- Coordinate projects as required such as merch, Brush With Fame etc
- Coordinate the licensing and approval of content from copyright owners and ensure compliance with relevant copyright rules in regards to using creative content
- Minimum 1 year experience in social media / digital marketing
- Exceptional communication and organisational skills
- Demonstrated passion for Sydney music, arts and culture
- Proven editorial or programming experience across content disciplines
- Experience administrating websites using WordPress CMS
- Can work in a team environment, especially leading volunteer teams
- Reliable, diligent and able to work quickly and across multiple projects
- Adept at using and monitoring social media to create community engagement
- A strong understanding of current trends in social media, radio, content and publishing
- A strong understanding of FBi Radio’s voice and where the organisation sits within Sydney’s media landscape
- Experience with audio and video editing software
- Experience with Adobe suite (desirable)
- Experience briefing design and creative contractors (desirable)
This position is four days a week – Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and cover letter responding to the selection criteria by 5pm, Wednesday September 27, 2023.