Are you our next radio hero?
We’re on the hunt for people who get a little emotional over great music, arts and culture to become our next crop of presenters. If you want to learn how to make radio with a crew of like-minded music lovers, get in touch.
HERE’S HOW TO APPLY
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following info in the body of your email:
- Full name
- Phone number
- List your 10 favourite releases from the last 12 months.
- Tell us a little about yourself and what you do.
- Why do you want to volunteer at FBi Radio?
- If you were hosting a specialist show (music or talks), what would it focus on or what would the angle be?
- What three upcoming Sydney events do you want to attend and why? These can be gigs, art exhibitions, talks etc.
Attach a voice recording to your email briefly answering the following questions (don’t worry about audio quality, phone or laptop mic is fine):
- Tell us a bit about your favourite music release from the last 12 months? (max 1 min)
- Tell us about one Sydney event you’re really looking forward to and why? (max 1 min)
Applications close at midnight on Thursday July 26.
You may include links or attachments from previous media work, including audio or video. Don’t have media experience? All good, we’ll train you from scratch.
THE VERY IMPORTANT FINE PRINT
If your application is shortlisted we’ll invite you to a group audition at FBi Radio in Alexandria on Saturday August 11.
The training course will run through late August and September. There will be four weekly training sessions held on a weeknight outside business hours. You must attend all sessions. You’ll get a crash course in media law, writing for radio and the web, paneling and more.
After the training course you must commit to a minimum of 6 months on-air – presenting one Allnighter radio program per fortnight. These shifts are usually three hours each, between 1-6am weeknights or 2-7am weekends.
Most of our regular presenters started on the Allnighter shift. We have a great volunteer culture and you’ll get valuable media experience – but we won’t kid you, Allnighters can be tough. If now is a bad time for you to commit to learning radio for a minimum of 6 months, then please do not apply in this round.
FBi Radio is a not-for-profit community broadcaster serving youth in Greater Sydney and we strive to reflect the diversity of our audience. Applications are strongly encouraged from Indigenous Australians, people from a range of cultural and linguistic backgrounds, all genders, and people with disabilities.