Music Assistant Internship
Duration: 12 weeks – commencing November 2013
Time required: 16 hours per week (two days)
This is an exciting and rare opportunity to gain insights and experience into the operations of FBi’s music department. As Music Assistant you’ll be working closely with the Music Director on a variety of tasks including:
– packaging and distributing digital music releases to appropriate programs
– Cataloguing priority releases into the music library
– Sourcing replacements to damaged or missing cds
– Overseeing the integration of our music archives into our new digital library
– Responding to music industry inquiries
– Entering track data into Music Master (our music scheduling software)
– A passion for emerging Sydney and Australian music
– Knowledge of FBi Radio, it’s demographic and program grid
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as an eye for detail
1. In 100 words, tell us what’s the best gig you’ve been to this year
2. If you were a live music venue in Sydney, which one would you be and why does it represent you?
3. What do you like about FBi?
4. What do you like most about radio in general?
5. Name your five favourite albums from this year (so far)
6. What do you hope to achieve from your internship
ALL APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE EMAILED TO
BY 9AM FRIDAY OCTOBER 28
ALONG WITH A SHORT PARAGRAPH ABOUT YOURSELF
AND YOUR CONTACT DETAILS