In It Together: A COVID-19 Community Relief Directory
January 5th 2022
Image: Nicol Mouton
2022 is already proving to be a challenging year. But if this pandemic has taught us anything, it’s that we will get through this.
We’ve once again compiled a list of information and resources to help you and those around you during this difficult time. It’s geared towards the challenges the current outbreak has presented; including ways to access PCR and rapid antigen tests, vaccine and booster info, ways to help communities impacted by this crisis, and some resources for times of emergency or hardship.
We know things feel pretty helpless right now, but please know you have not been forgotten. We see you, we hear you, and we will continue to support you in whatever way we can.
Stay safe, pals.
LOOKING FOR INFORMATION?
- COVID-19 rules in NSW: up-to-date outlines of COVID-19 restrictions from the NSW government.
- FAQ: NSW renting and the COVID-19 crisis.
- ACON: Specific advice for trans and gender-diverse people regarding COVID-19. Also includes general advice on reducing risk.
- City Of Sydney: Apply for COVID-19 relief grants. Currently open until 31 January 2022.
- City Of Parramatta: COVID-19 relief, how Council is responding, COVID-19 testing and vaccination sites.
- Therapeutic Goods Association: Stay informed regarding RAT tests as they become increasingly important. How to use them, concerns, who can sell them etc.
- Booster Vaccinations: Booster Vaccines are now available in NSW. Find out when and where you can book yours.
- NSW Gov: Vaccination Info for people with disabilities or those who are housebound. Find accessible vaccination services and clinics in your area.
- World Health Organisation: COVID-19 advice & myth busters.
- Guide: How to support your community during the COVID-19 crisis, including phone support services and suggestions for mutual and community aid. Note that as of 11 Jan 2021, this document has some out-of-date information regarding isolation requirements in NSW.
- Bondi Lines: Community-driven updates on Covid Testing site lines and Rapid Test availability – see Stories.
- Covid Test Finder: A crowd-sourced website with live updates on PCR test wait times near you.
- Find A RAT: A crowd-sourced website to check the availability of Rapid Antigen tests near you.
- Explainer: How to support arts economies during the COVID-19 crisis.
- Fresh Start Fund. The ABC is working to support scripted and non-scripted Australian content.
- Resource Register: Collected resources from MusicNSW, including aid packages, financial and legal aid, community support, grants and job opportunities.
- Funding Calendar: Outline of grant opportunities, especially for musicians and artists in NSW. Includes quick-response and non-competitive grants.
- COVID-19 Inner West Mutual Aid (Inner West Council Area, Sydney).
- COVID-19 Inner East Mutual Aid (Redfern, Darlington, Surry Hills, etc., Sydney).
- COVID-19 Mutual Aid – Parramatta/Cumberland.
- Australian Arts Amidst COVID-19.
- Community Radio COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Response.
- Disability Justice Network – Group led by and for multiply-marginalised disabled people
- Women with Disabilities Australia.
- Database of COVID-19 mutual aid Facebook groups.
- Nextdoor App: An app to connect people with their neighbours.
- Doctors without babysitters: Group aimed at matching essential services in need of childcare with professional creatives in need of work.
- Bridging the Distance: Sharing COVID-19 pandemic experiences.
- A group where we pretend to all WORK at the same music festival.
WANT TO HELP PEOPLE IMPACTED BY THE COVID-19 CRISIS?
Petitions & Protests:
- Australian Unions Petition to make Rapid Antigen Tests free and accessible for all
- World Health Organisation Open Letter to G20 Leaders demanding global vaccine equity
- The Australian Greens Campaign: Protect renters and people with mortgages.
- Petition to protect and support casual tertiary education staff impacted by the COVID-19 crisis.
- Support Act COVID-19 Emergency Appeal: Accepting donations to support music workers impacted by the COVID-19 crisis.
- Disability Justice Network Mutual Aid Fund: A national mutual aid fund providing support to marginalised disabled people in isolation.
- First Nations Respons: Food relief for First Nations families and Elders in isolation.
- Sex Workers Emergency Relief Fund: Supporting sex workers in financial stress due to the COVID-19 crisis.
- The Food Pantry at Addison Road Community Centre: Accepting monetary donations, as well as donations of non-perishable food items from businesses and individuals.
- First Nations Response: Food relief for First Nations families and Elders in isolation
Image: Sophie Hill
- Covid-19 Disaster Relief: Payments for people impacted by COVID-19 isolation periods.
- Australian Tax Organisation: Tax relief for people impacted by COVID-19.
- Energy Accounts Payment Assistance (EAPA) Vouchers: Available for people struggling to pay for their utility bills.
- Support Act Crisis Relief Grants for Australian music industry workers
- Qoctor: Online doctor service for consultation and prescriptions.
- Disability Justice Network mutual aid funds available for disabled people unable to access Rapid Antigen Tests
Unions & Industry Activities:
- Performing Lines: Opportunities, grants, jobs, online workshops and support links for artists during the COVID-19 crisis.
- Media, Entertainment and Arts Alliance (MEAA).
- National Association for the Visual Arts (NAVA).
- Tenants Union of NSW.
- Australian Unions.
- ArtsHub Australia. Here you can filter and search for what grant you or your team may be eligible for.
- National Coronavirus Helpline: 1800 020 080
- Support Act: 1300 731 303
- Lifeline: 13 11 14
- Beyond Blue: 1800 512 348
- QLife: 1800 184 527 (3PM to midnight every day; phone and online support).
- NSW Rape Crisis: 1800 424 017 (24/7 phone and online support).
- Kids Helpline: 1800 55 1800 (24/7 phone and online support for people aged 5-25).
- Mensline: 1300 78 99 78 (24/7 phone support).
- Sexual Assault Counselling Australia: 1800 211 028
- Mental Health Foundation Australia: 1300 643 287